Have you thought of applying for arts grants but have no idea where to start? InterUrban ArtHouse Founder Nicole Emanuel leads a monthly workshop and discussion series for artists seeking to start the grant process and take their art practice to the next level. Guest speakers from arts funding organizations, as well as former grant recipients will present periodically.
Attendee limit: 15
The series begins Wed, 2/13/19 from 930-1030am, with the next installment the following week, Wed 2/20/19, 730-830pm. These will be exploratory sessions, each containing the same information, to determine which time works better for attendees (morning or evening.) After these 2, the group will meet monthly in this fashion (one morning session, one evening session, each covering the same info.)
The topics covered are varied, but the main focus will include:
1. Searching for and finding grant opportunities- local, state, national and private/foundations
2. Specific grants and grant types-Inspiration, Rocket, Innovation, etc
3. Grant application process-typical/universal requirements
4. Tracking/scheduling/Mapping for Grant Application requirements
5. What to expect if awarded funding through a grant
6. Discuss ongoing professional development workshop scheduling.