In order to make the case for public and private support for the arts, it is crucial to understand the ecology of the arts and creative industries. We are developing this section of our website to create an easy resource for the theory and research behind some of the initiatives behind Creative Placemaking, Creative Industries and Urban Planning.
Please take some time to read the latest findings from the following research and resources:
- Creative Placemaking
National Endowment for the Arts, Markusen & Gadwa, 2010.
- The Creative Industries in Johnson County, Kansas
Americans for the Arts, 2012
- Arts & Economic Prosperity IV (in the Metropolitan Kansas City Area)
ArtsKC, Americans for the Arts, 2012.
- The Local Arts Index Report for Johnson County
Americans for the Arts, Cohen, Kushner & Cohen, 2012.
- The Status of Artists in Kansas City
The Arts Council of Metropolitan Kansas City/Charlotte Street Foundation/KC Artist LINC, Frisch & Bohrer, 2008.
- Suburban Arts Business Plan 2005-2015 (ACJC)
The Arts Council of Johnson County, 2004.
- National Cultural Districts Exchange
Americans for the Arts
- House Bill No. 2368 (An Act relating to the establishment of arts and cultural districts)
Committee on Federal & State Affairs, 2015
Other resources you may enjoy: